By Martial G. Bourassa, Jean-Claude Tardif
Continual oxidative rigidity is linked to the getting older approach and infrequently results in the improvement of issues similar to melanoma and arterial ailment. Cardiovascular stipulations within which oxidation harm has been strongly implicated contain atherosclerosis, myocardial ischemia and reperfusion, coronary restenosis, diabetes mellitus, and congestive center failure. Antioxidants and heart problems, moment variation covers 3 significant themes: 1) the 1st seven chapters evaluate the oxidative modifcation speculation and its shut dating to lipid metabolism and to the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis; 2) the subsequent 4 chapters describe the various compounds, foodstuff and vitamins with antioxidant homes and their mechanisms of motion; three) and finallly, the final ten chapters talk about the aptitude merits of antioxidants in total cardiovascular prevention, together with high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus, dyslipidemias, and within the remedy and prevention of particular stipulations comparable to continual coronary artery affliction, restenosis after percutaneous coronary intervention, and persistent center failure. Antioxidants and heart problems, moment variation is written by means of well-known specialists within the fields of atherosclerosis, middle failure and antioxidants. it may be of curiosity to scientific scholars and fellows, researchers, and practising physicians. there was quick growth in our wisdom during this box over the last to 3 years. hence the present reedition appears to be like well timed. for example, this moment variation captures a number of lately suggested and released scientific trials as welll as new details on diabetic and hypertensive heart problems.
Read or Download Antioxidants and Cardiovascular Disease (Developments in Cardiovascular Medicine), Second Edition PDF
Similar economy books
How the 401(k) has come to dominate the yank family's long term funding portfolio, why it truly is inadequate-and what to do approximately it. the yank public was once hoodwinked: 401(k)s have been confirmed to meet agencies, no longer the pursuits of operating american citizens. Portrayed as a perpetual wealth computing device, the 401(k) was once intended to meet the wishes of each worker.
Beverly A. Teicher and a panel of top specialists comprehensively describe the state of the art in animal tumor version examine. This quantity updates and extends the excellent displays within the first variation. The wide selection of versions designated shape the foundation for the choice of compounds and coverings that move into scientific trying out of sufferers, and comprise syngeneic types, human tumor xenograft versions, orthotopic versions, metastatic versions, and genetically engineered mouse versions.
- Growth Disorders, Second Edition
- Foreign Direct Investment, Democracy and Development: Assessing Contours, Correlates and Concomitants of Globalization (Routledge Advances Ininternational Political Economy, 8)
- Climate and Oceans: A Derivative of Encyclopedia of Ocean Sciences, Second Edition
- Statistical Tools for Finance and Insurance, 1st Edition
- The Financial Consequences of Marriage Breakdown: A Practitioner's View (Hawksmere Special Briefing)
- Livestock economics
Extra info for Antioxidants and Cardiovascular Disease (Developments in Cardiovascular Medicine), Second Edition
53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. 64. U. Landmesser and H. Drexler Chen XL, Tummala PE, Olbrych MT, et al. Angiotensin II induces monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 gene expression in rat vascular smooth muscle cells. Circ Res 1998;83:952-9. Chen XL, Zhang Q, Zhao R, et al. Superoxide, H202, and iron are required for TNFalpha-induced MCP-1 gene expression in endothelial cells: role of Racl and NADPH oxidase. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2004;286:H1001-7. Collins T, Cybulsky MI. NF-kappaB: pivotal mediator or innocent bystander in atherogenesis?
Circ Res 2002;91:120-6. Mehrabian M, Allayee H. 5-lipoxygenase and atherosclerosis. Curr Opin Lipidol 2003;14:447-57. Goldstein JL, Kita T, Brown MS. Defective lipoprotein receptors and atherosclerosis. Lessons from an animal counterpart of familial hypercholesterolemia. N Engl J Med 1983;309:288-96. Goldstein JL, Hobbs HH, Brown MS. The metabolic and molecular bases of inherited disease. New York, NY: Mc-Graw Hill, 1995. Brown MS, Goldstein JL. A receptor-mediated pathway for cholesterol homeostasis.
Podrez EA, Schmitt D, Hoff HF, et al. Myeloperoxidase-generated reactive nitrogen species convert LDL into an atherogenic form in vitro. J Clin Invest 1999;103:1547-60. Zhang R, Brennan ML, Shen Z, et al. Myeloperoxidase functions as a major enzymatic catalyst for initiation of lipid peroxidation at sites of inflammation. J Biol Chem 2002;277:46116-22. Brennan ML, Penn MS, Van Lente F, et al. Prognostic value of myeloperoxidase in patients with chest pain. N Engl J Med 2003;349:1595-604. Baldus S, Heeschen C, Meinertz T, et al.